November 27, 2010

Grilled Fillet Complete Meal In A Foil Pouch

It's College Game Day and I have on the Ohio State Buckeye game. GO BUCKEYES! Mr. Sideline Chef is on the road so that means The Pretend Chef is holed up with baggy game day sweats, hair in a messy bun, and a growling stomach.

I worked up quite an appetite with spending an hour or so putting up our Christmas decorations, our miniature Christmas tree, and some outside lights.


Gorton's was kind enough and sent me a handful of full-value coupons for hosting a giveaway on my blog a while back. While at the store this last big shopping trip I headed to the frozen food section and picked up 2 boxes of Gorton's All Natural Lemon Butter Fillets. I had already searched their website for some recipe ideas and came across their Grilled Fillet Complete Meal In A Pouch and decided that would make a low fat and healthy lunch option. On game day? Maybe not if Mr. Sideline Chef was home but he's not so anything goes in the kitchen. No short orders.

Cooking the white rice, fish fillet, and vegetables all in one foil pouch made for easy assembly and clean up. The original recipe stated for the pouch to cook for 25-30 minutes. I checked my pouches after 27 minutes and the centers of my fish were still ice cold. I ended up opening both pouches and cooked another 10 minutes longer. That was all the fish needed to flake at the slight twist of the fork.

I placed that foil pouch on a plate, squeezed a quarter of a lemon over top, and was back to lounging around watching the game and enjoying a filling meal. This would be perfect for a quick weeknight meal. It is perfectly portioned for those who are "diet" conscientious.

Makes 2 servings
Stars of the Show:

  • 2 Gorton's All Natural Lemon Butter Grilled Fillets - 2 fillets come in each box.
  • 1 1/3 cup frozen mixed vegetables
  • 2/3 cup instant rice - I used Success Boil-In-Bag White Rice. Mr. Sideline Chef is picky and doesn't like brown rice. Had I known he wasn't going to be home then I would have bought brown rice.
  • 2 tbsp white wine (optional) - I used 2 tbsp of Sauvignon Blanc in each pouch.
  • 2/3 cup water
And Action:

Preheat oven to 400°. Tear two-one foot pieces of heavy duty foil. Lay 1/3 cup of rice in the center of each pouch, then lay the Gorton's All Natural Lemon Butter Fillets and 2/3 cup frozen mixed vegetables.


Bring the corners up and together to form the pouch and pour in 1/3 cup of water and 1 tbsp white wine.


Fold the edges over, place on a baking sheet, and bake 25-30 minutes. You might have to open the foil and let it cook an additional 10 minutes if the fish is still cold like mine was. Let stand 2-3 minutes and enjoy!

2 comments:

Kimberly Peterson said...

How easy and convenient! I love the part about not having much to wash up. Will definitely think about doing something like this when hubby goes away for work and I'm just cooking dinner for one :)

Chelle B said...

Kimberly - Mr. Sideline Chef would have loved this! It just isn't game day food fare, not deep fried enough, haha! Clean up was just crumpling up a piece of foil and throwing it in the trash and washing a baking sheet, a plate, and a fork!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...