While the rice florentine portion of this 30 minute meal was delicious the chicken was the standout component. My 4 year old gobbled his piece up while picking around the spinach in his rice. Another delicious recipe from the Rice-A-Roni and Noodle-Roni: Recipes For Busy Cooks cookbook.
Stars of the Show:
- 1 package (6.9 oz) Rice-A-Roni Chicken Flavor
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained - I used fresh spinach.
Prepare Rice-A-Roni as package directs.
While Rice-A-Roni is simmering, combine breadcrumbs and cheese. Beat together egg and milk in separate dish. Coat chicken in crumb mixture, dip into egg mixture, then coat agin with crumb mixture.
In second large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and no longer pink inside.
Stir spinach into rice; heat through. Serve rice topped with chicken.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Total Fat: 25g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Vitamin A: 118%
Vitamin C: 32%