January 31, 2011

Culinary Smackdown Battle - Hand Held Meat "Pies"

I woke up to quite a surprise this morning when I logged onto my blog and found a comment that I had won January's Culinary Smackdown Battle - Salmon on Brenda's blog over at, Brenda's Canadian Kitchen. Do you remember that Smoked Salmon Cardamom Spread? Yea that one! I raved about how incredibly delicious this spread was and I felt like a winner just for getting to make and eat it! Haha!

Now that I am metaphorically crowned Culinary Smackdown Battle winner it is my honor to get to host February's Culinary Smackdown. I have thought hard but not so long on what the challenge would be. I decided to go with Hand Held Meat "Pies". The possibilities are endless. Think along the lines of HotPockets, calzones, kolaches, etc. Meat in a shell that can be ate with your hands and maybe a fork to pick up any pieces that fall out.

Culinary Smackdown Battle - Hand Held Meat Pies will held throughout the month of February. Entries may be submitted starting February 1st, 2011 - February 27th, 2011. I will be announcing the winner on the morning of February 28th. All you have to do to enter is link up your entry below. I'll be looking forward to seeing all of the wonderful ideas you're going to submit!

I'm sure you're wondering what's in it for you. The winner will receive a $10.00 gift card for Barnes and Noble. Put it towards a new cookbook, DVD, or even towards a Caramel Macchiato from a Starbucks within the store. It's also redeemable online. If coffee is what you're putting it towards I recommend going in store for that purchase. Could you imagine the mess? Haha!

Let's get to linking up those Hand Held Meat "Pie" entries now! It doesn't have to be a new recipe. I'm more than happy to see what you've maybe already made on your blog. Only one entry per person please. If you would do me a favor pretty pretty please, mention my link/Pretend Chef in your submitted post. That would be greatly appreciated to help generate buzz. What's a competition without other competitors? A for sure win. Haha!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rochelle, what a great theme! Love it!

Chelle B said...

Brenda - Thank you! I was so excited with it. I love finger foods!

laxsupermom said...

Thanks for hosting this! Great prize, too! I know they keep sounding the death knell for bookstores, but I don't think anything beats turning the pages of a book. Plus, I love sitting in the Barnes & Noble cafe while thumbing through magazines.

Chelle B said...

laxsupermom - Barnes and Noble makes me giddy! I love their selection of cookbooks but even better is being able to search and buy online. Not as overwhelming.

Amy said...

:) Thank you again for inviting me to this month's Smackdown Battle. Just sumbitted my link.

Chelle B said...

Amy - I just read your post for this link and it looks and sounds so delicious! Thank you so much for linking up! Best of luck!

Erin said...

Oh yum! I haven't made any hand held meat pies. Crud. I'll have to work on that one =o)

Chelle B said...

Erin - I would love to see what you come up with! Get the kids involved. I bet they would love to come up with some filling options!

ping said...

Hmm .... can you hear the gears in my head going?

Chelle B said...

Ping - I figured you'd be up for a Battle! Haha! Can't wait to see what you link up!

Unknown said...

Thank you for inviting me! I don't have any photos of finished products (in accordance with the theme), but I love to wrap Luleh kebabs (Persian ground beef with spices) with pita and eat it like a HotPocket.

Chelle B said...

Zip - Maybe you could post some pictures, recipe, and then link it up! That would go along great with the Culinary Smackdown Battle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...