(Photo from Prevention)
Makes 4 Servings
Stars of the Show:
- 4 oz whole wheat capellini or angel hair pasta
- 3 oz sundried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
Prepare pasta per package directions without adding salt.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat while pasta cooks. Season chicken with salt. Add chicken, garlic, and red-pepper flakes to skillet. Cook, stirring, until garlic turns golden, 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook 2 to 3 minutes until chicken is completely cooked.
Drain pasta, add to skillet, and toss. Add basil and toss. Divide pasta equally among 4 bowls and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of pine nuts. Top with more basil, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Saturated Fat: 2g