October 03, 2011

Incredible Edible Nutty Putty


I was one of the lucky "Tastemakers" to try Planters Peanut Butter from the National Peanut Board. We were asked to come up with a delicious and nutritious snack using ingredients found in most homes. Not being a creative person I turned to MyRecipes and did a peanut butter search and checked a few of the dietary consideration boxes.


This recipe for Incredible Edible Nutty Putty was the first one I came across where I had all of the ingredients on hand. This not only makes a yummy treat but is perfect for a rainy day activity for the little ones. I couldn't get the dried milk to incorporate smoothly but Itty Bitty had no complaints about the slight crunch.

3 ingredients and some imagination and you've got a quick and easy treat for the kids.

MyRecipes.com and Oxmoor House, May 2007
Makes 1 1/2 cups (Serving size = 1 tablespoon)

Stars of the Show:
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons honey - I used agave nectar.
  • 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
  • Decorations: colored sugar or candy sprinkles (optional)
And Action:

Stir together peanut butter and honey in a big bowl. Add dry milk, stirring until blended. Spoon a small amount onto a plate. Shape and decorate it anyway you wish before gobbling it up. Store remaining putty in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 1 week.

Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 81
Calories from fat: 59%
Fat: 5.3g
Saturated fat: 1g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
Protein: 3.7g
Carbohydrate: 6g
Fiber: 0.7g
Cholesterol: 0.0mg
Iron: 0.3mg
Sodium: 66mg
Calcium: 38mg




8 comments:

Erin said...

Yum!! What a great Tastemaker program to be a part of! These balls would disappear quickly here!

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

very interesting sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Always pleased with recepies like this;))

Tessa said...

PB-honey sandwiches are one of my favorite lunch time treats when I'm actually home to be able to eat them. Bet these would be awesome!

ping said...

Such a clever mix! Lucky you being in the tastemakers program. I received the mail as well but didn't think it will apply to where I am. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Great Goody Peanutty Snack! Comment from Roxy's Diner

Jeanette said...

What an easy peanut butter treat, so kid-friendly.

Kelsey said...

I remember making this when I was a kid. I'm so glad to have the recipe. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...