November 05, 2013

Grapefruit Celery Juice

Grapefruit juice is too tart for my liking which doesn't make sense because I love grapefruit segments. The only way I've ever enjoyed grapefruit juice is cutting the fruit in half, sprinkling with a packet of zero calorie sweetener, eating the segments, and then squeezing the juice out of the fruit until it's dry.


I haven't come across a store-bought grapefruit juice I can stomach yet. When grapefruits went on sale I added them to my shopping list. As I've mentioned, I'm really into juicing right now and search the Internet for new juice combinations depending on what produce is on my weekly grocery list. After searching for grapefruit juices I came across a recipe for this Grapefruit Celery Juice.

Two ingredients... that's it. This juice is tart but not in that face puckering kinda way.

Grapefruits provide folic acid and Vitamin C... which we can use more of with all of the illnesses going around right now. In fact, Little Man is home sick today with Croup. Boo! The celery provides potassium and sodium making this juice great for preventing dehydration. The phytonutrients in this juice also help reduce cholesterol. This juice is also very refreshing.

Disclaimer: ***Please be aware that grapefruit juice does not agree with some prescription medications. Check your prescription labels and if you have any questions or concerns please consult your primary care physician or pharmacist.***

Makes 1 Serving


Stars of the Show:
  • 2 grapefruits, peeled and cut into quarters
  • 1/2 head of celery
And Action:

Run ingredients through the juicer and enjoy!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...