November 04, 2013

Pear Carrot Ginger Juice

We've began the "Biggest Loser" weight loss contest at work and we're 3 days in. I am 2 days behind due to a diet setback thanks to Wurstfest 2013. Saturday morning I was invited to road trip it to New Braunfels, TX to gorge on sausages and fried foods. That I did... 5 sausages on a stick, fried turkey leg, fried pickles with ranch, frito pie, corn on the cob slathered in butter and salted, fried oreos, funnel cake with strawberry topping, and countless cups of iced tea.

My food binge carried into Sunday with a stop at Einstein Bros. Bagels. I couldn't decide between a spinach florentine bagel with garlic schmear or the under 350 calorie bagel thin with turkey sausage and green chiles so I got both and a pumpkin spice latte. Sigh. No shame... kinda.

Feeling guilty about not being able to commit longer than 1 day to this healthy lifestyle change I made a trip to Whole Foods and loaded the cart up with healthy choices for the upcoming week. Juicing is something I've been enjoying lately because I feel so good after downing a glass of it and not to mention all of the health benefits.


Getting back on the wagon I pulled out the juicer. Here's to hoping I can stick to this for another month.  The Pear Carrot Ginger Juice is a little bit thicker than the juices I've made so far but this is so tasty.

Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 4 pears, cut into pieces
  • 8 carrots, peeled
  • 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled
And Action:

Run ingredients through the juicer and enjoy!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...