October 19, 2013

Peanut Butter & Banana Pancakes

I don't understand why a bunch of bananas ends up in my cart every week, they sit on the counter until they are overly ripened, and then they get shoved into a bag in the freezer. I'm always on the hunt for ways to use up what I have on hand and bananas are always on hand.

(Photo from Fitness Magazine by: Chris Gallo)

Instead of the usual loaf of banana bread I came across a recipe for Peanut Butter & Banana Pancakes. I had all of the ingredients on hand and knew I had to give this recipe a try.

Made these before I headed to work one morning and put them in a sandwich tupperware container. When I got to work I couldn't wait to dig into these. Oh my! These are hands down my favorite pancakes I've made to date. They are sweet, moist, and absolutely delicious!

Makes 1 Serving

Stars of the Show:
  • 1/2 banana, chopped
  • 2 tsp peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup prepared whole-grain pancake batter
  • 1 tsp honey - I used agave nectar.
And Action:

Add banana and peanut butter to batter. Cook pancakes and serve with honey drizzled on top. 

Head over to The Country Cook: Weekend Potluck #89 to see what others have been cooking up this week and for some kitchen inspiration.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...